Since 1975, ‘My Place’ Family Day Care has provided an award-winning Family Day Care service in Queensland. We have proudly served thousands of families with highly affordable and excellent quality child care, winning an overall assessment rating of ‘Exceeding National Quality Standards’.
Did you know: Over 30% of ‘My Place’ Family Day Care Educators are aged over 50 and take pride in providing high quality home-based child care.
‘My Place’ Family Day Care Educators come in all shapes and sizes. If you are mature-aged, in retirement or a lucky grandparent to your amazing grandchildren – why not consider becoming an Educator with us?
‘My Place’ Family Day Care offers various advantages over traditional centre-based care, such as more flexible hours and commonly lower costs. As a result, we are gaining amazing popularity among our Queensland families.
Benefits of Becoming A ‘My Place’ Educator:
- Enjoy the extra income. If you are already at home caring for your own grandchildren, why not get paid while doing it? Even better, set your own fees to determine exactly how much you will get paid. A new research shows that two in five Australian grandparents believe they should be paid for taking care of their grandchildren, with the average of 16 hours per week. (source: http://www.smh.com.au/business/love-is-not-enough-grumpy-grandparents-want-childcare-pay-20160202-gmjpxy.html)
- Make the most out of your tax return. Be savvy by claiming Family Day Care related expenses such as your house electricity and gas bills, repairs and maintenance, mobile phone and more.
- Freedom to work within the comfort of your own home.
- Set your own flexible care provision hours – according to your own physical and mental abilities. Start by working only a few hours per week or just remain part-time – it’s completely up to you.
- Enjoy the best of both worlds: be self-employed while receiving full training, guidance and help by our friendly Coordination Unit.
- Full access to our amazing free toy library and range of resources.
- Stay social and meet new friends – by exploring the outside world with the children such as our weekly Playgroups, local libraries and neighbourhood.
- Make a difference in children’s lives. Your care will help every child to feel more secured, loved and successful in their fundamental growth.
- Have fun and relive your childhood! Dive into your favourite childhood activities like playing Play-Doh, making mud pies or reading books.
- Join our friendly, inclusive and nurturing ‘My Place’ Family Day Care family. Meet new local friends and support each other along the way.
“Age segregation creates myths and stereotypes about each group. In reality, children can relieve isolation, loneliness and boredom of seniors. Older adults can provide positive role models for children, sometimes furnishing a caring relationship for children from distressed families – and giving older adults valuable ways to get involved in their community.
Today, in many communities older adults are reading tutors to young students, sharing their cultural heritage and family traditions with youth, and serving as child care workers.” (source: www.gu.org)
We are here to inspire, train and empower you to your full potential. Become a ‘My Place’ Educator today: (07) 3372 1711 | FDCadmin@ich.org.au | www.MyPlaceFDC.org.au | www.facebook.com/MyPlaceFamilyDayCare