Biggest thank you to all our valued partners and supporters for turning ‘Kick Start Inala’ into reality! Inala youth will now receive greater sporting opportunities and brighter futures.
On Friday 13th April 2018, Inala Community House Community Engagement team was thrilled to organise the official launch of ‘Kick Start Inala’ soccer program, along with our valued partners:
- Australian Government
- Queensland Government
- Embracing 2018 – 2018 Commonwealth Games: The Legacy Program
- Welcome to the Game (Welcome to Australia Ltd.)
- BCC (Brisbane City Council)
- Australian Federal Police
- Inala Wangarra
- MDA (Multicultural Development Association)
- QPASTT (Queensland Program of Assistance for Survivors of Torture and Trauma)
- Lions FC
- Football Queensland
- Football Brisbane
Do you like our ‘Kick Start Inala’ uniform?
‘Kick Start Inala’ is an exciting new soccer program offering inclusive and sustainable soccer opportunities for our children, young people and families in Inala, supporting those from lower socioeconomic and culturally-diverse backgrounds.
We aim to:
- Increase engagement of children in after-school and school holiday soccer activities
- Increase engagement of parents and young people in referee and coaching training
- Deliver a well-rounded community soccer tournament
- Facilitate cultural communities’ access to soccer fields, facilities, and participation in formal sporting clubs
Our official launch was part of Inala Youth Week Sports Day – a free community event organised by Inala Youth Service on 13th April 2018 at D.J. Sherrington Park, with the theme ‘Make A Splash’. From 10am-4pm, Inala Youth Week Sports Day successfully attracted many Inala children, youth and families for a fun-filled day. Everyone enjoyed the free live music, food and drinks, face-painting, stalls and various sporting activities.
“Thank you everyone for coming to support the official launch of ‘Kick Start Inala’ – our exciting new football (soccer) program offering free weekly afternoon soccer sessions at five local schools during this new school term: Serviceton South State School, Durack State School, Islamic College of Brisbane, Inala State School and Richlands East State School. By the end of the term, students will be given opportunities to participate in a Lions Football Club tournament and an Inala Community House tournament to put their learned soccer skills to test!” said ‘Kick Start Inala’ Coordinator Butrus Haider while greeting the excited crowd. We hope to encourage more students to join ‘Kick Start Inala’ and benefit from the program.
Thank you to our ‘Kick Start Inala’ Coordinators Kola Kon (left) and Butrus Haider (right), with our Community Engagement Manager Haley Kiata (middle).
Together, let us ‘Kick Start Inala’!